Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back To School

Its BACK TO SCHOOL!

It is the first week of college. Everyone has the excitement to attend classes and meeting friends and lecturers. Students are excited to find out who their lecturers are for every subject. The new students are excited to know their first ever lecturer in Degree. Everyone is excited and it is good.

Unfortunately, I did not have the excitement. In fact, I did not feel anything about going back to college. My feelings were very neutral and subtle. Completely feeling-less. For people who don't know, I am staying home for this second semester. I have been back-and-forth from college to my house second half of my previous semester but as for this semester I am fully homegirl. So, when people were busy packing and arranging and sorting out their things, I was busy facebook-ing, shopping and walking around. When the others were busy looking for house to rent/ room to rent, I was busy sleeping on my own bed in my own house. The natural feeling of a college student was not there. I am a completely/ 100% HOMEGIRL.

I honestly think that this is bad for me. This is bad for my experience for the future. I am used to be so convenient and easy till I am afraid that I will forget how it is to be in a hard situation once in a while. I understand my parents' conscience but this is me saying from my perspective. I know that if I stay out, there are loads of money will go to waste. Everything is doubled if I was to stay out. Staying in saved my parents a few hundred per month. That is good for future savings but I am not sure that it'll be good for my experience.

Anyway, enough said about the home thing. Let us move on to classes, shall we?

Classes are going great so far. We had lecture for Contract Law and Tort Law and the lecturers are Dr. J. Sheela and Mdm. Nora J respectively. Nora J taught us before in Part 1 Tort Law and it was a disaster paper for me. That paper brought me down reaaaaaaal fast! Anyhow, I knew that it was completely my fault. Would not blame it on anybody except for my self. I was the one who answered the questions wrongly and I knew about it as soon as I walked out the hall. How silly, I know!

By the way, I feel guilty with regard to the position of class representative. I do my work as though I am already elected to be the class rep while the truth is that no one has ever elected me as the class rep. Yes, they shouted my name when the lecturer called for a class rep but that was informally. I should have asked them during class just now but I didn't. So, I don't know whether to just carry on with my work or ask them whether they want to change class rep or not.

Since the first day, I found that I have been eating alot and it has just been three days. I have to control. If not, GONE!

Before I end my post, I hope that this semester will be a better semester than my previous one. Hopefully I will throw away my bad habits with regard to studying. No last minute studying, PLEASE! Most important thing is that I really do hope that I will be able to join any moot competition this semester. It would be meaningful to me if I get to join one this semester. Unfortunately, there is only one moot competition this semester and with 14 mooters, the coaches are torn apart to choose who. I just hope that I am one of the 4 mooters. That is all!

Be cool, FOCUS, Be patient, Be smart!

Love,
MARL!


No comments: