Sunday, September 25, 2011

It Really Is Hard Work

Nothing is easy in this world. No matter what course you have decided to pursue into you will encounter the hardship in the course. It is just the matter of you can handle the stress or not. No one can argue between themselves to say that their course is harder than the other because honestly every course has their own challenges.

I am now focusing on my own course as this is the only course that I know the level of hardness. It is getting pretty tough right now. People are starting to question whether this is the right choice been made by them. Some thought that this is an easy course as everyone who had no idea what to pursue will pursue reading law. Well, this isn't an easy one for you to just jump into without knowing what really is you are getting yourself into. Get it? There are some of my juniors who had no idea what to take up in the university will choose law cause they said that it looks easy. Well my juniors, YOU HAVE MADE THE BIGGEST WRONG ASSUMPTION ever!

It really do need someone who is very passionate about reading. If you don't favour reading don't even bother coming in this course. Reading is the way of life in Law. I was one the kind of person who don't like reading. It is really hard for me to even finish a book in two months. Hows that? Honestly, I started to finish a book when I have finished my schooling days. In my school days I have always cut-short meaning finished reading half the book and not finishing the other half. That was how bad my reading habit was. Every time we were given an essay to make, the comment I always got was 'Read more'.

However, these have changed now. Well it has to cause if its not then I will be in big trouble by now.

As I am in Part 2 this semester I realised that there is sooo much to do. Reading cases has to be my biggest weakness but it has to change. It is not just reading that is required in this course, memorizing is one thing. In one sub-topic there are more than 10 cases and you have to memorise at least 5/6 to be excellent in your answer later on or that to have a very strong argument. That is just for that one sub-topic. What if in the semester that particular subject has about 6/7 topics? How many cases that you have to memorise? Not including the general principle of law, the ratio decidendi. Furthermore, there are 4 law papers every semester. How's that?

Can you handle this?

I just want to say to those out there especially the post-SPM candidates. If you have no idea what to pursue and you are planning to take up law as the only choice because you think it is easy, well just DON'T. You are wasting your time if you think that way. You are wasting your time if you don't have passion on this. You are just wasting you time.

The best thing to do is to question yourself over and over again on what you really have interest in and if you cannot come up with the answer and still think that law is the only choice then think whether you are willing to go through all the hardships.

I am just saying.

Love,
MARL!

No comments: