Saturday, December 10, 2011

Learn From The Best, Stop Talking Nonsense.

I, sometimes think about the people of Malaysia and how ungrateful they are in certain ways. I, sometimes think about the people abroad and how grateful and proud they are of their country. I, sometimes think about how Malaysians can really be a successful country but because of some shallow mentality of the people we are not able to progress.

I have just finished an article written by a gentleman who has stayed in Singapore and Malaysia and is comparing the two countries. I do have objections on the article but I am not going to discuss about the article here and not going to anywhere. It may remains within me.

What I am more interested in is the comments by the people who have read the article. I agree to some extent that Singapore is well better developed than our country and that it is wayyyy better than Malaysia if we were to compare in terms of the public transportation, the facilities and how well the country has grown to such a developed and successful country. I am not denying the fact that Malaysia still has things to be improved and that we are still far behind compared to Singapore. I do not know about the fact how well the government treats the people and all that kind of stuffs. I seriously do not know and I will not make any comments based on my assumptions.

We shall leave it that Singapore is far off better than Malaysia and that Malaysia is far behind Singapore and there should be improvements on our part.

What I want to discuss is on how the people actually responded to the article. Some is well-off proud of Malaysia and some MALAYSIANs condemned Malaysia.

The comments should be on how Malaysia is progressing slower than it should be and on how Malaysia can improve but that did not happen as the comments if not all will be about discrimination on a particular race.

The person is questioning on why he did not get a scholarship from the government when he managed to get STRAIGHT A's for his SPM. Another commented about how they dislike Malaysia when they themselves are Malaysians. Some commented on how bad they want to migrate cause they are tired of Malaysian politics and the corruption and so on.

Let me tell you this, ONE is to be grateful that our country is blessed with peace and harmony. SECOND, be grateful that we have many races to learn from and THIRD be grateful that the country is doing good right now.

On the scholarship matter, getting a straight A does not mean you are the best. There will be someone who is rather far more successful than you are. Again, getting a straight a does not mean you are the best. Getting a straight A does not mean you have all A1s. Getting a mix of A1 and A2 can be considered as getting a straight A too. You might think that you are the best but think again, there will be at least another person who got a straight A1~ Another thing is that, you might get straight A but what about the other qualities? Getting a scholarship does not only depends on your grades. They look at personality, activity, how active you are at school and other qualities such as leadership quality. You can be a nerd but you are not someone with persona. You might be a straight A student but you cannot talk in front of people. There are other qualities that they will look into before giving you a scholarship. Getting a scholarship is actually a subjective matter. You will not always know what the organisation is looking for. You can never guess.

I have an experience on this once. My foundation results was not the best and it was an average results. I received an email for an award application from an organisation. I applied without any hope cause I know my CGPA was not that good. I applied and I got it. The organiser herself told me that they are not looking for someone who got the best results but they are looking for someone with all 'street smart' and 'book smart' quality that includes leadership skills and other skills. She admitted that they have received many application with perfect 4.0 CGPA but without any other qualities. As a result, I was the one who was chosen but bear in mind I was not the one who got the perfect CGPA. That is why I said that getting a scholarship is a subjective matter as we do not always know what the organisation is looking for. So, don't use the reason that you are a non-Malay and because of that you did not get the scholarship. Don't blame others but yourself first.

As for the condemning Malaysia matter. You are the most UNGRATEFUL person I have ever seen in my life. You talk but you don't act. You talk so much on facebook but no one is listening to you. My advice is, before you give advice asking people to change, change yourself first. Stop condemning and start helping. Condemning and saluting other country do not do good to your own country. You think that you are far off better in other country then go ahead and migrate but remember if you fail in that particular country that you love so much, don't come back to Malaysia just because you said Malaysia is 'easy'. We do not like people's waste. Come one people, you talk so much on facebook does not give any benefit to the country.

I myself have experienced such person before. He was so excited on going abroad. He said 'I can't wait to migrate to Australia' with the most sarcastic, selfish tone ever. I am eager to hear from him now and see how is he doing in Australia. You have to appreciate your country. If you want to migrate for a better reason then yes, please do. BUT, saying as though you hated Malaysia so much is unacceptable. You don't have to talk about Malaysia if you are going out from Malaysia. That will just give a not-so-impressive look on Malaysia and the people. It is saying as though Malaysia is an awful country and that the people are also bad and awful.

DO NOT GIVE BAD IMPRESSIONS ON THINGS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE.

Say sweet things about it and leave.

Sometimes people can be so very ungrateful at times.
I have not touched on 'Ungrateful Malays; IPTA Student'. That will be on another post.

Love,
MARL!


No comments: