Friday, August 19, 2011

The Person People Know but I Don't

Personality
Appearance
Attitude
Behaviour
Style
What word do you use to describe a person?
You know what is First Impression?
What do you think about what people think of you?
Do you know what others think of you?
Do you always judge before knowing them personally beforehand?
Do you believe in First Impression?

I always believe in First Impression
How I impressed people for the first time is what important
But obviously I am not good at it.
You see, I did some research about myself back then
It turned out to be an interesting topic to talk about
I asked people on facebook
'What was your first impression on me?'

Most of the answers:-
1. SERIOUS
2. INDEPENDENT
3. STRICT
4. SERIOUS
5. ARROGANT
6. KNOW HOW TO CONTROL

other answers:-
1. INDIFFERENT
2. TALKATIVE
3. SMILES A LOT
4. QUIET
5. HARD TO APPROACH

You see I got these sorts of answers and yes for some of them, I agree.
Sometimes First Impression can be really accurate
Sometimes its just not accurate
You have got to learn that person close enough to know the real truth
I believe that I am a terrible first impression marker on people
As above, at first look people will think I am snobbish and arrogant.
They will think I am not approachable
Some thought that I am a spoiled brat who only friends with rich people
(Yes, this happened)
Some thought that I choose my friends and I will only friends with the chosen people

Why would people think of these thoughts?
Why?
I will tell you why
Because it is human nature to judge before knowing any better
Because it is human nature to have their first thought on something
Because it is human nature to make conclusions
Because it is human nature to make assumptions
It is the human nature.

Have you experienced someone who you thought at first wasn't that great turned out to be as great as you or even better?
You notice the word thought?
Well, yes that is it.
We will always go back to 'I thought...'

Back to me for a moment.
I know why people thought I am arrogant, snobbish, serious, etc.
Because my FACE is a serious face
I am not a person with a charming face.
People will have to take sometime to get connected with me.
I admit that.
I am not the kind that is really easy to be connected with
People will take sometime to get a smooth conversation with me
That is because I don't know how to start a conversation
I am seriously sucked at it.
I don't talk much when there is someone more talkative than I am.
I will talk much when I am really comfortable.
So guys, if I don't talk much that means you are boring!
ehem... pardon me.

I am not here trying to clarify any first impression made by people
They obviously know better by now
I just wanted to say that I am NOT as what you THOUGHT!

You smile I smile
You talk I talk
You laugh I laugh
As easy as that

Love,
MARL!

No comments: