Sunday, July 18, 2010

An Honourable Man

Hello world as it is. Hello citizens as who they are. Hello you as what you are. And Hello me as what I am.

How you doing?
I hope everything worked out well.

As what is stated in my title "An Honourable Man", I believed that I met one yesterday. I went out to KL yesterday to Bukit Bintang to be exact. To look at the people there. To look as what is happening there and all. It was a cool. It was a nice thing to do. Yes, there were a-lot of people there, no doubt. People are rushing through streets. People are hanging around shopping malls, clubs, lounges, pubs, stalls, mamak stalls and etc. For what I've seen, I saw many of foreigners faces compared to local ones. Most of them are from Arab. Quite surprising I can say. I was ready to see local faces all around KL but all I can see was foreign faces. Well, that's a good thing, aite? Other than business are by foreigners too?

Well, it was Saturday night, everyone was out and about. Everyone was everywhere. Everyone was having fun and all. But, as I was in the car going through the traffic I saw a man. A man that is not on his right mind I can say. You can say that by the way he looked. I know he was not a sane man. He was filthy, dirty with his mustache untrimmed and his clothes are all dirty. Yes, he looked like an insane man. But, as insane as he can be he is still an honourable man? Why did I say that? Eventhough he was not at his right mind. He still knows how to keep the city clean. You know what I saw?

He picked up cigarattes butt that been thrown by other people on the street. He picked up rubbish on the street. He picked up cans on the street. He picked up plastics on the street. He picked up almost everything that may be rubbish. And throw them in the rubbish bin. You know what I am saying? Ask yourself. Are you going to do that when ever you see rubbish on the streets? Are you going to pick up cans that are on the streets and throw it in the bin? Are you going to pick up your own rubbish when it falls on the ground after you threw it for afar? Just imagine, this insane man that were laughed by people on the street (if there's any), that were ignored by the people and hopefully were given free foods know how to keep our country clean. WHY CAN'T WE?

Why Can't SANE people do the same. Smokers; you throw your cigarattes butts on the streets as soon as you finished smoking. There is a place to throw it, goddamit! Drinkers; you throw away your bottles along the streets although there is a bin in front of you. You just put it in the bin, will you? You know, it is not that we don't know how to do it, it is not that we don't know what we are doing is wrong. It is just that WE DON'T WANT TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT. We know that throwing rubbish everywhere is WRONG. We know that throwing our things out of the car's window is wrong. BUT, WE JUST DON'T WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING THAT WE SHOULD BE DOING.

WE ARE SANE, PEOPLE! IF THE INSANE PEOPLE CAN DO WHAT IS RIGHT. WHY CAN'T WE?

Love,
MARL!

No comments: