Sunday, August 15, 2010

Truly 1 Malaysia

I am Happy. My parents and brother came to Kuantan. Miss them DAMN much! I appreciate them for coming. THANK YOU MAMA & PAPA! I know I didn't manage to go back for the past 3 weeks and will not go back till raya that is another 2 to 3 weeks. Due to that, I broke my previous record for not going home the longest period that is for a month and a half while before it was only for 3 weeks. Yes, it's a challenge. With assignments, presentations, term papers plus debate it was a challenge for not going home and just relax. Homesick? Of course. That is why I called my parents and told them everything and finally they came. I am so GLAD! Thank you again.

This entry I'll be talking about a truly 1 Malaysia. But first, I want to share some experience. Moot experience. There was a workshop yesterday on mooting. Mooting is something like a court trial but the difference is just that the so-called lawyers in the court is actually students. It is student/lawyer thingy. And obviously I went for it. It was an interest of mine to join mooting and luckily I have my cousin to guide me. He is in mooting team for UiTM and yes, I am surely going to try to join. I heard it is difficult to be in moot team but NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE right? You can develop a talent. No problem. So yesterday was a hell of a day. In the morning there was an economic test and thankfully it was more than a pleasant to answer. Later that evening, mooting workshop. My cousin was there. Yes. Aril. He gave a speech on something something and most important of all he attacked me in front of everybody. It's on purpose, I know Aril. That's OK then. I don't mind, at least some of the mooters get notice of me. Ahakx! The whole mooting period was awesome. They explained every single thing and they were too kind I think. But, COOL~

As soon as the workshop ends, I went to the hotel that me and my parents are staying in. As usual, buka puasa time cause it was late when the workshop ended. It was around 6 something. So, as soon as I reached the hotel we went to the cafe and get ready for breaking fast time. I was the first one that was ready with everything on the table at that time so I just sat down and observe people. This was where I found the real meaning of 1 Malaysia. Maybe I am exagerating this, but somehow it is true. 2 tables beside our table were consist of Chinese. Purely Chinese. There are from a company and it was their company dinner. As you know, Chinese don't fast, right? It is not their practice. I took a peek at their table and it was full with foods. Like seriously. Everyone was at the table. Just looking at the food. They can start eating because they are not waiting for anything cause they are not fasting. Got it? But, what I appreciate they did was that they did not eat. They didn't even have a sip of drink. At one time,one of the kids wanted to eat and what the dad said was, "No. Wait. You have to respect the other". That is a good example for other people. Even for Muslims. That is to respect other people's culture and belief. That is not the end of it. One of the ladies, an old lady if I can say wanted to start eating but another lady went over and whispered to her and what I saw was that the old lady push the plate away from her. What does that showed you? The lady told the old lady to not eat as a sign of respect. I like that!

Next, when the azan have been heard, they did not immediately start eating but they look at others first and one of them looked at me and he saw me drink thus they started eating. I love the sign of respect that they have given us. Again, appreciate each other. Respect each other's culture and belief. And that is TRULY 1 MALAYSIA!

2 comments:

Observer said...

i really love this post marl!!

MARL said...

thank you anis!