Thursday, September 2, 2010

If You Really Want It, Why Don't You Just Go For It?

Hey peeps,

How are you guys doing? For your information, I am now at the airport waiting for my 7.15pm flight to Kuala-la-la-la Lumpur! I can't wait to go home. It has been almost one and a half month since I'm home and that's a RECORD for me. I have never not-go-back for that long. The longest I've had was 3 weeks and that record has been broken. Yay for me! This holiday will take about 3 weeks more or less. Right after the holiday is the most important part of this semester that is FINAL EXAM!!! Yes, my final exam will be right after raya and that is NOT cool. Why? Cause I don't get to enjoy my raya celebration with ease and that's not good. Well, you know how to study law, right?

What I really want to talk about in my blog now is regarding the dean's visit yesterday. The dean of faculty of law came down to Kuantan yesterday for a talk and for satisfying some of the students heartfelt. She came with her cliques and gave their speeches on varies things. However, the highlight for the talk was all about MUET BAND 3. I know I might sound like I am taking the dean's side and not the students and again others will think that it is easy for me to say because I am not one of them. But, come one friends, most the questions been asked has already being answered by Madam Farah LAST SEMESTER. We all know why UiTM can't have another session of interview. We all know the reason why the requirement of MUET BAND 4 can't be reduced to BAND 3. We all know why but still some was not satisfied with whatever that has been said by Madam Farah and thus waited for the SAME ANSWER from the dean, herself.

Some might not still be satisfied with the answers given by the dean and her cliques but by hook or by crook friends. You still have to accept the fact that 'it might not be your faith'. Yes, it is easy for me to say this because "I am not one of the people" but people the wheels and always spinning. You might be at the top today but you will be below someone another day. You will not be successful all the time. That is just not how things work. I hear many arguments and many unsatisfied feelings from the students of UiTM regarding MUET requirements. And all they do was talk at the back.

People,
The lecturers have provided a platform for their students to express their unsatisfying feelings and what you guys did? I mean the hall was not even Half-full. Can you imagine that? How can a university with 300++ students have a small hall for a function and can't even fill up even half of the hall. How embarrassing is that? The dean might say that it's ok but you know that there was a sign of frustration with the students. If I am the dean at that time, I myself will feel a little bit frustrated with the student. Imagine, the dean was expecting to see a hall full with students but when she comes in there was only a half-full hall.

Students,
Why didn't you show up? I bet there are loads of question that you wanted to ask. Why didn't you show up? That is the question. I really thought that it is such a waste when the lecturers have provided us with the platform to meet the dean and ask questions but you didn't use it and just throw it off just like that. It is a waste.

Enough talking about this cause I know that this issue is sensitive towards some individuals. So, I better stop before I hurt people's feelings.

I just want to say that I am really sad that not all of us will make it to BLS. However, don't give up my dear friends. Allah has already planned your destiny and faith. Keep holding on to the spirit and Insya-Allah you will be successful in the future. For those who made it to BLS. Let's roll our sleeves up and start working! Be prepared for the challenge and as Madam Farah said, Enjoy the challenge!

Love,
MARL!

No comments: