Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Advice For Myself from Yours Truly...

As most of you might know, I am already in a degree program in Bachelor of Legal Studies (Hons) in UiTM Shah Alam. It does seems surreal for now. Nothing seems real and I have to really adapt myself to the environment. What I need to be starting doing is that to look for everything myself. I cannot rely on the lecturers nor my friends anymore. It is all up to me and no one else. If I screwed up, its my head on the chopping board and not the lecturers or my friends. So, I have to work everything myself. Yes, sharing is a good thing but hey, don't expect my materials to be from my friends like 100%. I need to have some effort on my side of the story. I cannot just wait for the materials to fall from the sky, can I? It is all the matter of realising the facts or sticking to the old tricks.

It was easy in Kuantan where everything was handed to by the lecturers and it was easy to meet with the lecturers. What I am seeing now, in Shah Alam is that it will be harder for us to see our lecturers and bond. Well, that is normal in degree life, I think.

Another thing that I need to remind myself of is that to prepare beforehand. It does not matter whether it is asked by the lecturers or not. If I know that there will be a tutorial class, I have to work it out myself although the lecturer did not ask us to do anything. That is all part of our efforts. No more last-minute studying. Now, we are required to read cases one by one. It is not just reading the summary at this level. It is read-everything-level. We have to read every single like of words in the paper. No matter what. I need to remind myself to not go back to my old habits when I was in Kuantan that was to wait last-minute. It will not work here, I bet you.

To whoever reading my blog, this does not only go to law students, this also goes to whoever that is studying and is recognised as a university students. People, leave the old mindset where they're supposed to be and start GROWING up a bit. GROW UP, people and start thinking about the future.

I really think that I need to change now. Plus, with mooting and all. I hope I can catch up with all of it. I saw the moot problem from International Maritime 2011, there are 106 pages that needs to be read. So, just wait for the callings from our trainer and we will be right on!

Love,
MARL!

No comments: