Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FAQ

FAQ means "Frequently Questions Asked". Many asked me before 'How do you study?', 'How do you memorised whatever facts?' etc etc. I am not saying that I am the best student in the whole wide world. I AM NOT! Trust me! I AM NOT THE SMARTEST among all. Seriously. However, there are some thoughts or some tips that I can share with all of you. So, here goes.

1. Take less sleeping time each day. I believe that our body needs only a specific number of hours of sleeping. We don't need plenty hours of sleep. The experts themselves told us that we only need 8 hours of sleep every day. So, what I usually do is to sleep early at night. I don't sleep in the afternoon. If I want to sleep, I will only take a maximum of one hour time of sleeping.

2. Take less junkfood. I usually do this A MONTH before an exam that is if I can't help myself from having Super Ring. My favourite junkfood would be Super Ring so sometimes I would want to eat Super Ring but I keep it off me a month before an exam.

3. Lessen consumption of soft drinks. Soft drinks are similar to junkfood. They give bad effects and also bad for health. So, lessen those two if you may.

4. Do not eat 'Heads'. Head means fish head, prawn head or whatever heads there is. This tip also applies one month before an exam. However, this does not work for me cause I don't like eating heads. So, for whoever who loves head, STOP eating heads at least one month before.

5. Avoid drinking water with ants in it. This one is also one of my believes. There is no harm drinking water that is contaminated by ants but just imagine this. Ants are everywhere. Ants can come from where ever place in your home and it's in your water. Isn't that disgusting? You didn't even know where the ants has been before it went into your drink.

6. Relax. Being relax during study week is very very important. There is no use if you panic during study week cause panic does not help you in finishing what ever that you have not finished. So, relax!

7. Manage your time well. Managing time is also important. I usually organise my work. I do it step by step. There is no use going through everything when you don't even understand it. Work with your time. But, do not go off-track! Remember, you still need 8 hours of sleep each day.

8. Take a day off. If you have one week of study holiday, take one day off. That is really important to relax your mind. You can't have a tired mind going into the examination hall. Watch movie or go karaoke or something for that one day.

9. Do not sleep late the day before exam. I am truly believe in this one. I will not sleep after 12am a day before exam. I WILL NOT! This is because, we can't have a tired mind going into the examination hall. What will happen to us is that our mind will become blanked. It will blanked out. No matter how much you have studied the day before but if you go into the exam hall with a tired mind, it will shut you down. So, sleep BEFORE 12am the day before exam.

10. Make a complete short notes on every subject. I do this all the time. It is something like a summary on the subject that you have studies the whole semester. As for law subjects, I usually do this. In a piece of A4 paper, I will write down the title, the principle, who said it, the acts/sections, the case and the general rule plus the exceptions in point form. Make it as compact as possible in a piece of paper but make sure you can read it. Use different colours of pen for cases, principles etc etc.

11. Try every past year questions. To try the past year questions is not just to have them in notes form. You need to practice how to write. So, what I usually do is to answer all the past year questions as though I am sitting for the exam. I'll write the complete answer in a complete essay form. If possible, include introduction, body and the conclusion of your own. For law paper, use ILAC rule that is Introduction, Law, Application and Conclusion.

12. Understand the law and not just memorise. To memorise is one thing, to understand is another. What is important is that you understand the law. You need to first understand the law then you can memorise it. If you can only memorise but you don't even understand what ever that you have memorised then nothing is worth it. First, UNDERSTAND the law/ principle/ rule. Then, memorise it. Make sure its the right one, though.

and of course,

13. Pray Hard. If you work your hardest and God does want to make it happen, then there is no use. So, pray hard and Insyaallah you will get it.

14. DO NOT GIVE UP! I have posted before that I hate people who gave up. So, one of my No-No is Give up! Do not give up though it is as hard as the stone and you can't break it. You don't know how to break the code or whatever. Do not give up. That is why I said, RELAX and take time to think. again, DO NOT GIVE UP!

I guess, that is all of my tips and thoughts on examination tips. I hope that it can help you in some ways one way or the other.

Love,
MARL!

No comments: