Monday, May 3, 2010

AIM17



What can I say about AIM17? It is a prestige and well-known award in Malaysia. For an artist to receive an award from AIM is the one big thing in their career sort of things in Malaysia. It's like they have achieved their goals kinda thing. First thing first I would like to say that I went to AIM17 yesterday with my bestie Syafiqah. And, I did not get the ticket on my own. I got it from Wanie my friend from UiTM. She won one quiz and she won the ticket unfortunately she is in Penang and so she can't make it to the award. Thus, she gave the tickets to me since I am the one who asked her. LOL! Ok and so, it was held at PWTC and pretty much a cool place to have an award show going on. Everyone dressed up fabulously. Before going for it I was so afraid that my outfit will be so 'over' but since I got there and I saw everyones' outfit I was so so relieved cause I was not 'over'. There are other people who are much much 'over-the-top' than me. My picture will be uploaded soon here. Pika wore a simple outfit too. (picture). So, we both kinda matched actually. I didn't realize that there yesterday but I did today as I looked at the pictures we took at the event. Reminder here that we did not take any picture with any artist that we met. Kinda lazy to just go to people and ask whether we can take photos of them.

We went to the hall straight without worrying about who walks on the red carpet and so on. We were like in our own world chatting and catching up stuff that we missed about each other. Chatting bout our past and so on. So, we didn't actually care about who walks in front of us etc. Move on to the show shall we?

I want to say that I LOVE THE OPENING with SITI&KD and AFDLIN&ADIBAH singing. That was AWESOME!!! Seriously. Who missed it, you missed BIG! That was INCREDIBLE! Overall performance was Good for me. I mean the whole award show. It might look boring in TV but it was good there in the hall. When you are in the real situation the environment is different and so you will be more into it than you do when you are only watching it. My rating for performance :- *I can't remember all performance but I'll try to rate the best and the worst*

1. FAIZAL TAHIR
2. HIP HOP PERFORMANCE BY POINT BLANC, AHLI FIQIR N ALTIMEET & DJ FUZZ
3. AFDLIN & ADIBAH FOR OPENING
4. SITI & KD FOR OPENING
5. SHEILA MAJID, JACLYN AND KAREN KOK
6. AIZAT & YUNA
7. ZEE AVI
8. VINCE - bad because of dancers
9. ANDREW TAN - bad because of dancers
* I think there's more and because I didn't remember them that means there are forgettable.*

Worst award presenter would go to :-
1. MAWI
2. THE GUY WHO PRESENTED FOR KEMBARA AWARD
3. ONE MODEL - can't remember her name
4. THERE'S MORE. I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER

Presenters are supposed to be the kind of person that speaks very confidently in front of live audience or even if it is recorded, they need to be CONFIDENT and from what I saw yesterday many of the presenters that were selected to present the award were not confident at all. They read scripts as in they are in school. Even school kids can read better I think. At least with good intonation. What they did were only reading the scripts given, did not even look into the camera/ audience and that's it. Some of them even talked nonsense up there. It looked so unprofessional for me. It does not matter if u stutter but at least look professional. From what I saw, they were like a full bunch of school kids that wants to be on TV but doesn't know how to present themselves well. This does not go to all the presenters but most of them. Watch any Hollywood awards, their presenters come out and say their lines although with scripts with intonation and feeling it as I can say plus confidence. Not just say the script out loud just like that. Whatever that we say, we need to put some emotions in it. And I can't see or feel that in some of the presenters. I like watching the Hollywood awards because their presenters do not look like they were forced going up there and giving the award. They look so professional and at least make an effort to memorise their script. And I didn't see any of the presenters last night that make an effort to memorise their lines. If any of them do that, that person is a professional. She/He can bring the script with her/him but does not read it like school kids do and make contact with the audience. I am very dissapointed with the presenters lined-up. I don't think that some of them are even appropiate to give certain awards. Plus, I think that some of them do not even deserves to present an award and I will not say who here. This is the one thing that I am dissapointed about and I hope it'll get better next year.

Back to the positive part of the show. I LOVE LOVE LOVE AFDLIN AND ADIBAH. IF CAN, JUST MAKE THEM THE PERMANENT HOSTS OF A.I.M. They were so FUNNY and Professional. Jokes that they made were not stupid jokes. Not lame jokes either. Not many hosts can do that kind of jokes. Jokes that do not hurt people. Jokes that do not irritate people and etc. I love them and they should stay as the hosts of AIM. They were even funnier during the commercial break. They kind of make the hall happening every time they speak. Without them speaking, the hall will be so dull. Just keep them, will you?! The whole environment was good. Nothing to complain about that. Overall it was GOOD AND ENTERTAINING! It's just that I hope the people that work behind this would realise their mistakes on choosing the presenters and will do better selection next year!

I HAD FUN!!
p/s : THANK YOU TO KAK NANA FOR GETTING THE TICKETs FOR ME!

No comments: