Monday, March 28, 2011

Watch Your Mouth, ladies

Greetings to all, Bonjour. Ca va?

Moi, tres bien.

Meaning, I am great. I take what ever happened surrounds me as my inspirations to write on my blog. If you leave it just for me to write my life's story, nothing will come out cause I consider myself as having a boring life. Therefore, I take surroundings and people around me as my topic to write.

My classes finished before 4pm today so I had a lot of time for myself and for other academic purposes including discussions and etc. I went back to Mawar to drop my friends' books and to get some of my books and clothes for tomorrow.

At Mawar, there is one 'mak cik' or aunt that sells Nasi Lemak and it is good. I can say that it is really good yet not expensive. Reasonable for students I must say. As I was waiting for my nasi lemak, I can see that the other girls were not polite to the mak cik. They are not obviously 'rude' but it is rude for me. To ask for something from an old people you need good language and polite. Its not use being rude and at the end you don't get what you want and hurting others.

I mean, be polite. Its not hard to be polite especially to older people than we are. That person need not be 10 years older than me but enough to call them as our elder brother or sister is good enough. Not just to people who are older than you but also to people who are at the same age. Long story short, be polite to everyone!

I think one of the factors why these students are not polite towards the mak cik or pak cik or even the cleaner or anyone in their perspectives as not-a-high-class person will not be respected by them. WTH, right? My principle is easy: Be polite with EVERYONE so long as they are not rude to me. Once you are rude to me, you will regret it your whole life and that I guarantee. Not just rude but I will not even look at your face even though you are speaking to me. I mean it and it is real and it has happened before.

Be polite does not waste any of your time, it does not cost you a single cent and obviously does not sweat you. So, what is the very big deal not being polite? Try people. Try to be polite. Don't look down on people and be rude to them. They have feelings too and it definitely does not make good in your public relations/impressions. No no no.

Ladies, please be polite. I don't mean soft-fragile polite but it is respect-polite. You don't have to be all fluffy duffy and vulnerable. Just polite in your words and gestures. Talking about gestures. Being polite is not only from your mouth or words coming out of your mouth but also your gestures and your eyes. They play an important job in telling that you are mean or good. They tell others what you thinking and what your are feeling.

I admit, I did mess up this morning's presentation. I laid my head down on the table as though I am going to sleep and thus it is a sign from me that I will not give response and at some point I don't respect you anymore. That is real. Facts. That is my fault and I am ready to take the blame out of it.

Last words from me is that to be polite no matter where you are and no matter who you are talking to. Just be polite and try not to hurt others feelings.

Love,
MARL!

1 comment:

zarifah abdullah said...

be nice whenever possible.Its always possible :)