Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It is My First Day!

Hey peeps,,
How you all doing?
(Well I don't know whether there are many people reading this or not but WTH)

Some of you might know and some might not know this.
Well, I am EMPLOYED now!
Literally.
I am working at a Law Firm as an Assistant Clerk.
Not so bad, right?
Well now I'm going to tell you the story of myself on the first day at work
(A person who has no working experience will be this EXCITED to tell their stories)

It started at 9 a.m as normal office would be and I came a little bit early as so I had to go back down, make my way to the nearest stall and had my teh o drink. Right at 9.00am I went back to the office as I noticed the office door was not opened yet. Oh well! I had to wait. Around 9.15am, my boss finally came. Miss Lai is her name. She is a nice woman. And as usual, as soon as the office doors open you have to start your job. Oh! I forgot to mention that the office only has one staff. ONE STAFF excluding the lawyer of course. Together with the lawyer that makes only ONE STAFF and ONE LAWYER! Plus me..TWO STAFF! Ok! Continue from there. I was given a desk and a chair to sit on. Quite comfortable although it is right beside the photostated machine but what the heck, Just sit will you! Miss Lai gave me 3 files. Literally thick files. I mean not literally but they really are THICK! No KIDDING! My job here is to read those files. Just read? Yes, Just read them. I need to figure out what's going on in the cases. I need to mention this that all the cases that is handled by this firm are only Conveyancing cases. No Litigation! So there are lots and lots of papers! And so, I need to figure out the procedures and what ever that is going on in the case. What is the case about and so on. At around 1.00pm, Miss Lai left and so was I. For lunch! Went to KFC and had my lunch. I went back to the office after that I found out that Miss Lai was not in yet. It's time to PARTAY!! You know, before there was HOME ALONE and now its OFFICE ALONE! Have FUN ya'll! I blast off my music from my phone and read newspapers ( I know that LAME) but I danced around a little. hehe!~

Miss Lai came back and I had to go back to work. No more goofing around. Had to read files again and again and again and again. Oh! An interesting part is just coming up. She asked for my favour to go to the post office to pay her road tax cause a client almost came to the office. They were about to come and she thinks that she has no time. Hell yeah she was right! As soon as she gave me her money the client came. Thank God right? Around 5.30pm I went to the post office. And GUESS WHAT?? It was RAINING! I am not talking about light rain. This is HEAVY RAIN! As HEAVY as RAIN CAN BE! yeah! and guess again? Hell yeah I had to go through the rain to go to the post office! And so I went ( for the sake of my boss!) Ya right!!! pfffttttt....But my luck got better as I went into the post office and was checking my number, a man walked towards me and asked what number did I get and he gave me his number! That was 4 people earlier than the number I had. Cool right? I don't have to wait long cause 10 seconds later, my 'new' number was called. Thank you gentleman!

Well, my 'rain' luck came again as the rain has not stopped yet and so I had to go through it again. And now, I was head-to-toe WET! Went back to the office, relax on the chair and wait until the client got back. And guess again? Miss Lai asked me whether I had paid her road tax or not. Oh GOD! Did you not see that I am WET here? I did not tell her that instead I said 'YES'. How a good person I really am, right? pffftttt....As I sit at the table I can here the clocks ticking away. My hearts counting the minutes that I can go back. Suddenly, Miss Lai said to me 'Marlysa, you can go back now if you want'. And I said 'THANK YOU, MISS LAI!'

And so BYE BYE to MISS LAI.
See you tomorrow!
Here are some pictures on my first day.




Content of the files.


Me and the files.


The files.

3 comments:

ain syuhada jamaluddin said...

we're sme!
reading all those files..rse macm nak ZzZzZZZ...hehe~kan3??

iffahifufu said...

best nyaaaa!!!! bapak omar ayub sulaiman ada firm sendiri tapi aku takut+segan lah nak tanya dia whether i can work for him haha gila lame kan!

MARL said...

ain : tau tk per!! ZzZzZzzzzzzz....

iffah: just ask la..you might get some good stuff from there.