Thursday, April 29, 2010

Travelling is Me. I like to TRAVEL

All I can say is that I love to travel. Travelling is my all-time favourite thing to do. It's AWESOME! For me, travelling is not only to learn other peoples' culture and their way of life but it is also a way to train yourself to become closer to people. This might not seems right but travelling can build up your confidence especially to a place that you have never been to. To go to a place that you are familiar with does not give you any challenge. It's different from going to a place where you have never been to and a place which is not familiar to you at all. Even better if the local does not speak any language that you know. For example, Spanish or France where the people speak their native language and most of them do not understand a single thing in English which will make it difficult for us to communicate with them. But, look to the other side it trains us to be patient and brave to go through all that. It does help us in many ways. People always say that travelling is to learn other cultures but for me it builds the better in you. I used to be shy, not confident with myself etc. But, as I travel a-lot, as I learn how to communicate to people and meet new faces it gives me the confident in many ways. It does helps and I like travelling for that. It builds up courage and confidence.

Another reason why I love travelling so much is of course because I can learn and take a sneak peek at other peoples' culture and their way of lives. Although, some of the countries I've been to have similar way of life as Malaysians do but somehow there are differences between the countries. For example, Hong Kong with their crazy fashion and style. Australia with their bikinis and summer clothes during summer wandering around although they are not at the beach. USA with few kids jumping in the swimming pool during winter and etc. We can't see this in Malaysia. As we know, our country is not so different from any other developed countries like USA and Australia or even Japan. I think the social life here is kinda the same with these countries although there might be a little differences but we're alright.

Forget about overseas for a while. Just look at our local tourist attraction. Recently, I've been to Pulau Redang in Terengganu. That was my first time there. Even if it's in Malaysia, it does feel different from the way things done here in KL. Eventhough it is in Malaysia, there are some cultures that we haven't seen before. There are if you look closely. I might not be able to see the whole situation because I stayed in an island by itself and it was not in a village or something. So, I was not able to look at the way the locals there live their lives. It will get better if I get to see that. Look at how fishermen families live their lives and etc. That'll be really interesting to see. Unfortunately, I was not able to do that. We thought we know everything about our country but the truth is that we DON'T! My advice is that ; learn other cultures. Travel around cause believe me you will see things that will amazed you as it did amazed me everytime I travel. I know I have not yet go around the world to say this. I've been to only a few countries but even if it's only a few countries, I've learnt a-lot. Travel around and you will see the Wonders of the World. You might find something that will really get you psyched up.

My dream for my future travelling plans will be backpacking around Europe. That is my dream. Nothing is impossible. Other than that will be going on a Star Cruise and it doesn't matter where it goes. I don't even mind if it's only going around Malaysia-Phuket-Singapore. As long as I get to go on a Star Cruise. I have many travelling dreams and I hope that I will get to go around the world one day. AMIN!

No comments: