Monday, October 4, 2010

New Phase For My Life

I am now getting ready for a new phase of my life.

My first phase of higher education is D-O-N-E that is the Foundation Program in Law. I am grateful that I get to finish it with happy heart and cool friends with great memories. It is the one phase that will never be forgotten. Almost everyone will go through the same phase. The lucky ones I guess, we friends, WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES! Be grateful for what you have achieved. Think about the not-so-lucky-ones. They did not even get the chance to further up their studies. So, please be grateful. As I said, I have finished my first phase of higher education. I am now waiting to get to the next phase of higher education that is phase two - degree.

Am I ready for it? If everything goes smoothly and according to plan, I will be continuing my studies in Shah Alam for Degree in Law. However, if God decided to test me more, He might not give me the chance to further my studies in law then it is His will but I prayed alot that that will never have to happen cause then I will be DEVASTATED! Based on stories from the seniors, life in Shah Alam is quite difficult and hectic. Well, it is college life after all. That is the norm of it. Without hectic lifestyle, they ain't university students, that's for sure. So, Am I ready for that challenge?

Before we go further on the phase two of my education, this is something new that I will be doing. Maybe some of you knew that I had worked before. Although it was unpaid work but it was still a job to do. Fortunately, the pay-thing has changed. I am going to start working tomorrow. Thank God, I finally got a job. Without a job I don't think I'll survive at home. Imagine, I had wasted lots and lots of months doing nothing at home. I have wasted three to four months back when I have just finished SPM awaiting to enrol in a university and another three months between second and third semester. Although I worked for a while during that time but I still think that I have just wasted that holiday by doing absolutely nothing. So, I told my mum that I don't want to waste anymore time this holiday. I need to get out of the house and meet people plus gain some experience. I need that and I want that.

My dad offered me to work at his place right after I applied for a job. I got the feeling that he is not ready to see me working. Same goes to when he visited me almost every week when I was back in Kuantan. I have the feeling that he has a hard time to believe that I am finally growing up. Most of the parents will think that, don't you think? I know that he took the news that I wanted to work with heavy heart but he just have to cause he has to know that I am not seven anymore. I admit that I am one kid that is still relying on her parents. I am not some independent kid that can survive without her parents. I need them cause I know I need them. Got it? Due to that, I need to at least train my self although for just two months, to step up and live my life on my own. Try to gain money with my own perspiration and effort. I need to know whether I can or cannot survive without my parents.

Yes, I am nervous about going to work tomorrow. Yes, I am starting tomorrow. Why? Because this is the FIRST ACTUAL job that I am doing. The last two jobs that I did before were not that serious of a job. The first was a cashier at my dad's office so that was not giving me pressure at all. Second job was an assistant clerk at a law firm which I did not get paid so that was not an actual job. This one is an actual job where I get paid for my performance. So, this is kinda big deal for me. I can say that this is my FIRST JOB ever! Plus, I know that my dad is not 100% agreed with me. (even my mum told me that)

Let me tell you what I would be missing as soon as I accepted the job offer.
1. Mahathir The Musical
2. Paramore concert
3. Genting Highland for holiday
4. Sarawak to visit Sharonica
5. Singapore with friends
6. Iffah's open house
7. An event with BLM club members
8. Universal studio with family
9. Holiday plans with family
10. Holiday plans with cousins.

These are all what I am going to miss if I am working. Is it worth it?

Love,
MARL!

No comments: