Thursday, October 28, 2010

What is the True Meaning of Shopaholic?

I watched 'The Confessions Of A Shopaholic" today for the 1000+th times. I have no idea how many times I have watched that movie. Well, I LOVE IT! I watched it again this morning.

1. HOW MANY CLOTHES DID YOU BUY THIS WEEK?
2. HOW MANY BAGS DID YOU BUY THIS WEEK?
3. HOW MANY SHOES DID YOU BUY THIS WEEK?
4. HOW MANY COSMETIC ACCESSORIES DID YOU BUY THIS WEEK?
5.HOW MANY UNNEEDED THINGS DID YOU BUY THIS WEEK?
6. DID YOU BUY SOMETHING THIS WEEK ONLY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY?
7. DID YOU BUY SOMETHING THAT IS NOT WORTH ITS PRICE?

THE ULTIMATE QUESTIONS IS:-

HOW MUCH DID YOU SPEND THIS WEEK?

Before that, let me tell you bits and pieces about the movie. There is a girl named, Rebecca Bloomwood who is a MAJOR shopaholic. Debts are at every side of her. She has numerous of credit cards which are mostly barred and instead of paying them, she run from paying them. One excuses by one excuses were given to the debt collector. One day, she met a guy, Luke who is her future boss at Successful Saving, an economical basis magazine. She became a well-known writer by the name Girl in a Green Scarves. She writes about financial stuff based on her own understanding that seemed to be much related to the public, therefore she became everyone's favourite. At the end, all her secrets were revealed and a fight between her and Luke, her bestfriend and herself. She realised her mistakes and sold every single item that she owned. Due to that she was able to pay the debt and be free from it once and for all. Finally, Luke and Rebecca went back together and live happily ever after (that's how it ended btw).

Rebecca is a girl who will spend on items that are unnecessary and are not required by her. She can't look at sales advertisement, she can't see anything new in store, she can't resist from swapping the credit cards at stores and etc. She will buy things for the purpose of buying things. Without paying any attention to the price tag, she swapped her card and leave the shops with happy face, however when bills arrived she cries, literally that is. Is that a true shopaholic?

I consider myself as a shopaholic. Although I did not spend thousands per week for an item but I am still a shopaholic. I rarely shop on clothes or shoes or bags but my money will still flows like nobody's business. I sometimes wonder where the money actually went missing. Seriously. You will not realised where your money actually gone to. I spent most of my money for expensive drinks. I admit, I love Coffee Bean and Starbucks. Since I began working, almost every single day I'll buy one drinks either from Coffee Bean or Starbucks. So, now I know where my money actually gone to. To The Drinks! I might not shop till I drop but I drink till my purse dropped. Will I be considered as a shopaholic then?

Love,
MARL!

No comments: