Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Proposal

I have a proposal to be presented. This is just a thought, nothing else. I guess this should not be anything serious. I have proposal in mind that is TO NOT ALLOW SMOKERS TO GO FOR SMOKING IN THEIR COURSE OF EMPLOYMENT. For example, at my work place. Our work time is for 7 to 8 hours. Between that course of time, these smokers will go for smoking every hour or half-an-hour. If smoking only takes 30 seconds or 2 to 3 minutes, I don't think it matters but it takes longer than that. Imagine, while they are smoking, people inside that is also working will have to work on their own. If the smoker takes up approximately 4 minutes to smoke. Every half-an-hour he will go for smoking. Can you imagine how many minutes/hours that he took a day just for smoking and what malay said as 'curi tulang'. That is the perfect word I think for these kind of people.

I mean, this gets really annoying sometimes. In my situation, I am serving a customer and another customer came and at that very moment 'the smoker' asked that he wanted to go for a smoke. I mean, you have a job! Finish it first, then you can have 10 boxes and I don't care cause you want to die so much, I'll just let you be. When it affected me as a co-worker, that is when it gets really annoying. So, I think it is best if there is a rule saying that smokers can only go for a smoke during their break-time only. Not in between the hours of work but only during their break time. I mean, break time is for half-an hour. If you want to smoke so much, then use the 30 minutes time to have the whole box then leave it there. I really do think that this is an OK thing to do.

Anyone with me?

No comments: