Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Shall I Advice Him?

I have a friend who has dropped out of school this year. He is 17 and is supposed to sit for SPM this year. Unfortunately, for his own reasons he dropped out and will not be taking SPM this year. Other than dropping out of school he is also a 'mat rempit' as what they called it now. If you see him in person, you know that he is one messed up kid. I can see that since the first day I met him.

One thing I hate the most is that every words come out of his mouth are words that is either sexually related or some curse words which all of you know that they are my worst enemy. They are not my favourite words of the month. I have told him once or twice to stop saying those words but he wouldn't care so I moved on and make no further comment on his words. It is very unfortunate when one day he told me that he takes crack. I was shocked but still in total control of myself from slapping him. When I asked him 'Why in the hell that you take that thing?', he said because he was under a-lot of stress. I even asked him what kind of stress is he under, he told me family stress, money, etc.

I know that he is facing a-lot of problems. Besides his own problems, he is also facing some other problems that might not be cool to be talked about here. I know his problems and I understand truly why is he under a-lot of stress. But, that does not make it a possible reason for him to take such thing and to act as such. It is a very unmature act and it should not be dealt with that way. He told me that he took crack because that is the only way that he could think of to release all the stress that he is facing at the moment other than smoking of course. I told him to stop doing all the nonsense things that he had done before and change. I have no other advises to give to him cause I my self am not perfect and I am not going through what ever that he is going through so I have absolutely no idea what he is facing now and how it felt. But, an advice needs to be given to these kind of kids before they swerve up to the wrong ways and to a more bad situation.

When he told me all his problems and how he dealt with it, I have absolutely no good advices to give him. All I can say was he needs to stop doing all that and think about whats good for him and etc but I don't think that all of that are good advice. I need to give him more so that he will realise that all of what he did are wrong and will lead to more problems.

I told him to go back to school but he refused cause he said that school will only add to his problems. why? Because he will always become the problem for the school. That was why he quit school. I know what he meant but I still think that education is the key to succeed in life. You don't have to be super duper rich in the future but future requires us to have knowledge so that we can earn to feed ourselves everyday. What ever it is, you need some knowledge in your brain. Without any qualification, you will face a very difficult life in the future. I am not saying that with certificates, you will not go through a difficult life but at least you have something that can bring you forward.

When you think about this boy's situation, he does not have even SPM certificate. How do you think that he can maintain for the rest of his life? For the time being, he can still live with that but how about the future? I told him that but he still refused so I can't say more. Even his parents did not say anything, don't expect me as a friend to comment more about this. It is just not my rights to say something.

I will be happy if I can give him some advice even for the simplest thing that he had done. Maybe for his crack taking habit or something. I know that he can change, it is just a matter of time and when will he realise it.

"IT IS EASY TO FIND FRIENDS THAT WILL SMILE WITH YOU WHEN YOU SMILE BUT NOT WHO WILL BE WITH YOU WHEN YOU ARE IN HARDSHIPS AND WILL CRY WHEN YOU CRY"
-MARLYSA-

Love,
MARL!

1 comment:

iffahifufu said...

tell him he running from problems only creates MORE problems..